Hub Plus is a central device within the Ajax security system, coordinating the operation of the connected devices and interacting with the user and a security company.
How to install the Ajax StarterKit, if you've never done this before. A masterclass from the undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk.
Hub Plus needs Internet access for connection to the cloud server Ajax Cloud - for setting up, control from any point of the world, transmission of event notifications and update of the software. The Ajax Cloud server is located on the capacities of Amazon Web Services. Personal data and detailed system operation logs are stored under multilevel protection, and information exchange with the Hub Plus is carried out via an encrypted channel on a 24-hour basis.
To communicate with the Ajax Cloud, the system uses wire Ethernet, Wi-Fi connection and GSM network of a mobile operator.
If possible, please use all Internet connection channels. This will ensure more reliable communication between the Hub Plus and the Ajax Cloud and prevent from failures in the operation of one of the communication service providers.
Hub Plus can be controlled via an application for iOS and Android based smartphones. Mobile applications allow to respond promptly to any notifications of the security system.
Follow the link to download an application for your smartphone:
You may set up in the Hub Plus what events and how will be notified to the user. Choose what is more convenient for you: push notifications, SMS messages, or telephone call. If the Ajax system is handed over for servicing to a security company, alarm signal will be sent it directly, bypassing the server.
Up to 150 Ajax devices are connected to the Hub Plus. The protected Jeweller protocol is used for communication between the devices, with the coverage radius up to 2 km, absent any obstacles.
Hub Plus Sockets and Operational Indication
- Logotype with a LED
- SmartBracket attachment panel, opens by moving down (perforated part is required for actuating the tamper in case of any attempt to tear off the Hub from the surface. Don't break it off!)
- Socket for connecting a power supply cable
- Socket for connecting an Ethernet cable
- Secondary slot for installing cards of a cellular service provider (Micro SIM)
- Main slot for installing cards of a cellular service provider (Micro SIM)
- QR code with a device registration key
- Tamper button
- "On" button
Hub Plus Operation Indication by Logo Light
||Lights up with blue while the "On" button is pressed, which means that start-up procedure has been launched
||Lights for 3 minutes, then blinks every 20 seconds
Communication with the Ajax Cloud
Indication color notifies of the communication with the Ajax Cloud
||At least, two communication channels are connected (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM)
|Lights bright green
||One communication channel is connected
||The Hub Plus is not connected to the Internet or there is no communication with the server
Connection Hub Plus to the Network
- Open the Hub Plus cover by shifting it down by force.
Be careful not to damage the tamper protecting the Hub Plus from hacking!
- Connect power supply cables and Ethernet cables to the respective sockets.
1 — Power Socket
2 — Ethernet socket
3, 4 — SIM-card slots
- Press and hold the "on" button for 2 seconds until the logo lights up.
The Hub Plus needs approximately 2 minutes to identify the available communication channels.
Bright green or white color of the logo notifies that the Hub Plus has connected to the server.
If the Ethernet connection does not occur automatically, disable proxy, filtration by MAC addresses and activate the DHCP in the router settings - the Hub Plus will receive an IP address. During the next set-up of the Hub Plus in the web application or mobile application, you will be able to preset a static IP address.
To connect to the GSM network, you will need a Micro-SIM format mobile operator's card with the disabled PIN code request (PIN code request can be disabled using your mobile phone) and sufficient amount on the account to pay for the GPRS, SMS services and make calls.
In some regions, Hub Plus is sold already complete with a SIM card.
If the Hub Plus does not connect to the Ajax Cloud via the GSM network, use Ethernet to set up the network parameters in the the web application or mobile application. To prescribe the access point, user name and password correctly, please contact the support service of the operator.
To use Wi-Fi connection:
- Go to the settings of the Hub Plus, "Wi-Fi" menu.
- Select an access point, enter the network password
The Ajax security system is set up via the application to which the account of the administrator is connected. The account with the information about the added Hub Pluss is placed on the cloud server Ajax Cloud in encrypted form.
User parameters of the Ajax security system and connected devices are stored locally on the Hub Plus and are inextricably connected with it. Any change of the Hub Plus administrator does not result in any failure in the settings of the devices connected thereto.
Telephone number may be used to create only one Ajax account.
Create an account in the Ajax system in the mobile application following the step-by-step guidance. As part of the process, you will need to confirm your e-mail address and mobile phone number.
Your account may combine the roles - administrator of one hub, user of another hub.
Adding a Hub Plus to the Ajax Security System Application
You must give the application access to all the system functions (in particular, to display notifications)! This is a sine qua non condition of controlling the Ajax security system from a smartphone/tablet.
- Enter into your account.
- Open the menu "Add Hub Plus" and select the suitable method - manually or with a step-by-step guidance.
- At the registration stage, prescribe the name of the Hub Plus and scan the QR code located under the cover (or enter a registration key manually).
- Wait until the Hub Plus is registered and a new device appears on the application desktop.
Hub Plus Installation
Prior to installing the Hub Plus, make sure that you have selected the optimal location: the SIM card demonstrates consistent reception, all the devices have been tested for radio communication, and the Hub Plus is hidden from direct view.
The Hub Plus should be reliably attached to the surface (vertical or horizontal). We strongly discourage using double-sided adhesive tape - it cannot guarantee secure attachment and facilitates disassembly of the device.
The Hub Plus may not be positioned:
- outside the premises (outdoors);
- nearby or inside any metal objects or mirrors causing attenuation and screening of the signal.
- in places with the low GSM signal and high radio interference level.
- within any premises with the temperature and humidity beyond the range of permissible limits.
Installing of the Hub:
- Fix the Hub Plus cover on the surface using factory-made screws. If using any other attachment hardware, make sure that they do not damage or deform the Hub Plus cover.
- Put the Hub Plus on the cover and fix it with factory-made screws.
Fixing the Hub Plus cover with screws prevents any accidental shifting of the Hub Plus and minimizes the risk of impulse theft of the device.
If the Hub Plus is securely attached, when tearing off the body from the surface, the tamper will be actuated, and you will receive the notification.
Rooms in the Ajax Security System Application
Rooms combine the connected devices. The application can create up to 50 rooms, with each device located only in one room.
Without creating a room, you will not be able to add devices to the Ajax Security System application!
Creating and Setting Up a Room
Room is created in the mobile application and web application through the menu "Add Room".
Assign a name to the room, if wished, attach (or make) a photo - you will easier find the required room in the list.
By pressing on the gear wheel [⚙️] go to the room set-up menu.
To delete a room, move all the devices stored in it to other rooms via the device setup menu. Deleting the room will erase all its settings.
Connecting Devices to the Hub Plus
During the first registration of the Hub Plus in the mobile application, you will be prompted to add devices to arm the room. However, you may refuse and return to this step later.
The device may be only added, if the system is disarmed!
- Open a room in the mobile application and select the option "Add Device".
- Give an arbitrary name to the device, read out the QR code (or insert the ID manually), select a location room and go to the next step.
- When the application starts search and launches countdown, switch on the device - it will blink once with a LED. For the detection and interfacing to occur, the device should be located within the coverage area of the wireless network of the Hub Plus (at a single protected object).
Request for connection to the Hub Plus is transmitted for a short time at the time of switching on the device.
If connection to the Hub Plus failed on the first try, switch off the device for 5 seconds and repeat the attempt.
Setting Up the Hub Plus
|Settings of the Hub Plus and devices connected thereto are located in the menu "Hub Plus Settings" [⚙️]
- Users - who has access to your security system, what rights are granted to them, how the Hub Plus notifies of events.
- Ethernet - set-up of a wire Ethernet connection.
- Wi-Fi — Wi-Fi connection settings.
- GSM - switching on/off cellular communication, set-up of the connection and verification of the account.
- Geofence - reminder of arming/disarming the security system, if a specific zone is crossed. User location is determined based on the data of the GPS antenna and iBeacon beacons (only for Apple equipment).
- Groups - groups mode settings
- Detection zone test - testing the detection zone of the devices connected to the Hub Plus.
Jeweller - identification of the Hub Plus-detector inquiry interval and the number of undelivered data packets.
The inquiry interval of the detectors by the Hub Plus determines how frequently the devices exchange data. The smaller the interval is (in seconds), the quicker the Hub Plus learns about events of the connected devices and the devices receive commands from the Hub Plus. At that, information about any alarm or sabotage is transmitted immediately.
We should keep in mind that the small interval limits maximum number of connected devices:
Interval, sec Maximum connected devices 12 39 24 79 36 99 48 150
The value of the number of undelivered packets determines how quickly the Hub Plus learns about the loss of the connected device.
Calculation of the time for giving the alarm (with the default parameters):
(8 packets + 1 corrective) x 36 seconds inquiry interval = 5 minutes 24 seconds
Service - a group of service settings of the Hub Plus.
Connection failure alarm delay — time period regulating the delay of notification of the lost communication with the server.
Server ping interval — interval of sending pings from the Hub Plus to the server.
Time to generation of a message of the lost communication between the server and the Hub Plus is calculated as follows (with the default parameters):
(3 pings + 1 corrective) x 30 seconds inquiry interval + 300 seconds time filter = 7 minutes.
You can change the settings for auto-update of the hub (enabled by default).
👉🏻 How to turn off hub firmware auto-update
Monitoring Station - connection to the CMS settings
PRO - PRO-accounts of installers and security companies
Security Companies - security companies in your region
Reset of the Hub Plus Settings
To return the Hub Plus to the factory settings, switch it on, then hold the "on" button for 30 seconds (logo will start blinking red).
At that, all the connected detectors, room settings and user settings will be deleted. User profiles will remain connected to the system.
User Security Systems
After adding a Hub Plus to the account, you will become the administrator of this device. One Hub Plus may have up to 50 users / administrators. Administrator can invites users to the security system and determines their rights.
Event and Alarm Notifications
The Hub Plus notifies the user of events using three methods: mobile push notifications, SMS messages and telephone calls.
Notifications are set up in the menu "Users":
||For what it is used
||Types of notifications
|Arming / Disarming
||Notifications in case of arming / disarming
||Notices of intrusion, fire, flood
||Notices of events related to the WallSwitch, Relay
||Notices of the lost communication, jamming, low battery charge or opening of the detector body
- Push–notification - is sent by the server Ajax Cloud to the Ajax Security system application, if Internet connection is available.
- SMS message - is sent to the telephone number indicated by the user during registration of the Ajax account.
- A phone call refers to the hub calling the phone number specified in the account of the Ajax app.
We call only in the event of an alarm to get your attention and reduce the feasibility of you missing a critical alert. It is recommended that you enable this type of notification. The hub consecutively calls all users who have enabled this type of notification in the order specified in the Users Settings. If the second alarm occurs, the hub will make a call again but not more than once in 2 minutes. The call is automatically dropped as soon as you answer it. We recommend that you save the phone number associated with the hub SIM card in your contacts list.
Notification settings may be only changed for registered users.
Connecting the Ajax System to a Security Company
The list of organizations connecting the Ajax system to the central monitoring station is provided in the menu "Security Companies" of the Hub Plus settings:
Contact representatives of the company providing services in your city and negotiate the connection.
Connection to the centralized surveillance station (CSS) is made via the Contact ID protocol.
Maintenance of the Ajax System
Check the operational capability of the Ajax security system on a regular basis.
Clean the body of the Hub from dust, spider web and other contaminants as they appear. Use soft dry napkin suitable for equipment maintenance.
Do not use for cleaning the Hub any substances containing alcohol, acetone, gasoline and other active solvents.
Complete Set of the Hub Plus
- Hub Plus
- Power supply cable
- Ethernet cable
- Installation kit
- GSM start package - x 2 (available not in all regions)
- User Manual
In installing and operating the Hub Plus, follow the general electrical safety regulations for using electrical appliances, as well as the requirements of regulatory legal acts on electrical safety.
It is strictly prohibited to disassemble the device under voltage! Do not use the device with a damaged power cord.
|Maximum number of connected devices
|Maximum number of the groups
|Maximum number of rooms
|Maximum number of the Hub users
||110 – 240 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz
||Li-Ion 2 A⋅h (up to 16 hours of autonomous operation in case of inactive Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection)
||868.0 – 868.6 MHz or 868.7 – 869.2 MHz depending on the region of sale
|Effective radiated power
||8.20 dBm / 6.60 mW (limit 25 mW)
|Modulation of the radio signal
|Radio signal range
||Up to 2,000 m (any obstacles absent)
|Operating temperature range
||From -10°С to + 40°С
|Operating humidity||Up to 75%|
||163 х 163 х 36 mm
Warranty for the Ajax Systems Inc. devices is valid for 2 years after the purchase and does not apply to the pre-installed battery.
If the device does not work correctly, you should first contact the support service—in half of the cases, technical issues can be solved remotely!
Technical support: email@example.com