Alarm confirmation is a separate event the hub generates and transmits to the CMS if certain detectors raised the alarm within a specified time. By responding to confirmed alarms only, the security company and the police reduce the risk of false alarms.
Confirmed alarms are supported by all Ajax hubs running OS Malevich 2.8 and later.
How the alarm confirmation function works
The function implies creating a list of at least two devices; their alarms will be taken into account for confirming. If a listed device raises an alarm, the hub enables the timer for the time specified in the settings and waits until another device from the list triggers. If such an alarm occurs, an event with an alarm confirmation code is sent to the monitoring station.
If this does not happen within the set time, no alarm confirmation is sent. Users with administrator rights set the list of detectors confirming the alarm and the time frame in the Ajax app.
The alarm confirmation function does not disable the alarm transmission. Regardless of whether it is activated, alarms from any security system detectors are sent to the CMS and users of the security system.
The following devices are used to confirm the alarm:
- Motion detectors
- Opening detectors
- Break detectors
- Button (in the panic button mode)
The timer range for alarm confirmation is 30 to 60 minutes. The timer starts upon the alarm of any device selected. The timer is reset in three cases:
- If another selected detector has triggered, and the hub has sent an alarm confirmation to the CMS
- If the security system has been disarmed, including disarming of any group or disabling the Night mode
- If the set time has expired and the second alarm has not occurred
Alarms from other detectors not added to the function list do not affect the confirmation timer and the generation of an alarm confirmation.
Confirmed alarms can be received by all central monitoring stations supporting SIA or Contact ID. The confirmed alarm message structure completely repeats the alarm message structure, but the message code differs: BV instead of BA for SIA, and E139 instead of E130 for ContactID. The group ID and zone ID for these messages is 0.
How to enable the alarm confirmation function
To enable the alarm confirmation function:
- Open the Ajax app, select the hub in the menu at the top of the screen, and go to the Devices tab.
- Select the hub from the list of devices and go to hub Settings by clicking on the gear icon .
- Go to the Monitoring Station menu.
- Select the Alarm Confirmation submenu.
- Enable the alarm confirmation function by clicking on the toggle to the right of the word Active.
- Select the devices that are involved in alarm confirmation.
When configuring the function, note that two equal consecutive alarms from the same detector do not generate an alarm confirmation. But it is generated by two different alarms of the combined detector (for example, glass break and motion detection by CombiProtect).
- Set the time within which the selected detectors should trigger in the Confirmation Timer.
Note that when using the entry delay, the timer starts counting after the delay time and not when the detector triggers.
- Click Back to save your settings.