MotionProtect Outdoor is a wireless outdoor motion detector with protection against masking and false triggering. It is connected to the Ajax security system via Jeweller protected protocol, with a transmission distance of up to 1,700 m in the absence of obstacles. The detector can operate on batteries or from an external power source for up to 5 years. The device detects motion at a distance of up to 15 m and ignores pets.
The detector only operates with Hub. Connection to ocBridge and uartBridge integration modules is not provided.
- Main light indicator
- Upper light indicator and masking sensor
- Upper motion sensor lens
- Varnish masking sensor
- Lower light indicator and masking sensor
- Lower motion sensor lens
- SmartBracket attachment panel (the perforated part is necessary for tamper activation when attempting to pull the detector away from the surface)
- The hole for attaching SmartBracket panel with a screw
- “On” button
- Tamper button
- QR Code
- Connector for external power supply cable outlet
- Scrollbar for adjusting detection range
Connecting the MotionProtect Outdoor to the Hub
Before starting connection:
- Following the Hub instruction recommendations, install the Ajax application on your smartphone. Create an account, add the Hub to the application, and create at least one room.
- Go to the Ajax application.
- Switch on the Hub and check the internet connection (via Ethernet cable and/or GSM network).
- Ensure that the Hub is in armed mode and does not start updates by checking its status in the mobile application.
⚠️ Only users with administrative privileges can add the device to the Hub!
How to connect the device to the Hub:
- Select the Add Device option in the Ajax application.
- Name the device, scan/write manually the QR Code (located on the body and packaging), and select the location room.
- Select Add — the countdown will begin.
- Switch on the device by pressing the on/off button for 3 seconds.
Request for connection to the Hub is transmitted for a short time at the time of switching on the device. If the device was already assigned to another hub, switch off detector, then perform the standard adding procedure.
If the connection to the Hub failed, repeat the connection attempt after 30 seconds.
The device connected to the Hub will appear in the list of devices of the Hub in the application. Update of the MotionProtect Outdoor statuses in the list depends on the device inquiry time set in the hub settings, with the default value - 36 seconds.
To avoid masking alarms, switch off anti-masking in the device settings prior to installation!
||Temperature of the Detector. Measured on the processor and changes gradually
||Signal strength between the Hub and the detector
||Battery level of the detector, displayed in increments of 25%
||The tamper mode of the detector, which reacts to the detachment of or damage to the body
|Delay when entering, sec
||Delay time when entering
|Delay when leaving, sec
||Delay time when exiting
||Connection status between the Hub and the detector
||Sensitivity level of the motion sensor
||If turned on, sensor will detect masking
||When turned on, the motion detector is always in the armed mode
||Detector firmware version
||Detector name, can be edited
||Selecting the virtual room to which the device is assigned
Choosing the sensitivity level of the motion sensor:
||If active, sensor will detect masking
||When turned on, the detector always registers motion
|Delay when entering, sec
||Selecting delay time when entering
|Delay when leaving, sec
||Selecting delay time on exit
|Delays in night mode
||Delay turned on when using night mode
|Arm in night mode
||When turned on, the detector will switch to armed mode when using night mode
|Alert with a siren if motion detected
||When turned on, HomeSiren and StreetSiren are activated when the motion detected
|Signal Strength Test
||Switches the detector to the signal strength test mode
|Detection Zone Test
||Switches the detector to the detection area test
||Switches the detector to the signal fade test mode (available in detectors with firmware version 3.50 and later)
||Opens the detector User Guide
Choosing an installation place
The MotionProtect Outdoor must be located at a height of 0.8 – 1.3 m. The detector body is located in a way that the upper lens axis is parallel to ground level and the supposed path of intruder entry passes perpendicular to the lens axis.
The MotionProtect Outdoor sends an alarm to the hub only if identical motion signals are detected with two PIR sensors. In this case, the difference in motion capture time shall not exceed 1.5 seconds in this case.
Prior to mounting the device with wood screws, perform a signal strength test in the Ajax Security System application for at least one minute to check the communication quality between the detector and the hub.
Device connection and settings
- Temporarily fix the SmartBracket attachment panel on the surface to determine the optimal place for installing the detector.
- Select the required detection distance (3 to 15 m) for the detector with the detection distance adjustment scroll bar.
- Put the MotionProtect Outdoor on the SmartBracket attachment panel. Leave the detector detection area (horizontal detection angle — 90°) and ensure that there is no motion within the detection coverage area to provide for calibration of masking sensors.
Attention! The masking sensors will begin to calibrate automatically when the SmartBracket attachment panel is placed onto the MotionProtect Outdoor body. Calibration lasts up to 30 seconds and is followed by flashing of the upper and lower LED indicators of the detector.
- Perform detection area and masking tests in the Ajax Security System application.
- Fasten the SmartBracket attachment panel to the surface with wood screws, place the detector on the attachment panel and wait until calibration is complete. Fix the detector on the attachment panel with the bundled screw.
External power supply connection
The MotionProtect Outdoor can use external power supply 5-28 V DC, 200 mA. In that case, the bundled batteries will provide the device with standby power supply.
To connect the external power supply, unscrew the wood screws and open the detector body. Break off the corresponding blind plug of the SmartBracket attachment panel:
1. For power supply cable outlet behind the SmartBracket attachment panel
2. For power supply cable outlet below the SmartBracket attachment panel
Run the external power supply dead cable through the attachment panel and blind plug on the back of the detector body.
Connect the cable to the terminal strips observing polarity. Fix the wires with a clamp.
Turn on the power — in the menu of the MotionProtect Outdoor detector, the value of the
"External Power Supply" field will change to "Connected". Fasten the rear of the body with wood screws, install the detector and wait until calibration is complete.
3. Terminal strips on the detector board
4. Clamp on the back of the body
||PIR sensor, 2 pcs
|Detection angle, horizontal
|Motion detection distance
||Adjustable, 3–15 m when the detector is
installed at 1 m height
|Protection against masking
|Pet ignoring function
||Yes, height up to 80 cm when the detector
is installed at 1 m height
|Protection against false triggering
||Yes, algorithmic analysis
||868.0 – 868.6 MHz or 868.7 – 869.2 MHz,
depending on the sales region
|Maximum radio signal power
||Up to 20 mW
|Radio signal modulation
|Radio signal range
||Up to 1,700 m (where there are no
||2 х CR123A, 3 V
||Up to 5 years
||5 – 28 V DC, 200 mA
||Indoors and outdoors
|Body protection level
|Operating temperature range
||From -25°С to +60°С
||Up to 100%
||184 x 70 x 65 mm
- MotionProtect Outdoor
- Installation kit
- Quick Start Guide
Warranty for the Ajax Systems Inc. devices is valid for 2 years after the purchase and does not apply to the supplied battery. If the device does not work correctly, you should first contact the support service—in half of the cases, technical issues can be solved remotely!
Technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org