ReX is a range extender of communication signals that expands the radio communication range of Ajax devices fitted with a Hub up to 2-fold. It has a built-in tamper resistance and is equipped with a battery that provides up to 35 hours of operation without external power.
|👆🏻 The extender is compatible only with the Ajax hubs! Connection to uartBridge and ocBridge Plus is not provided.
The device is configured via the mobile application for iOS and Android smartphones. Push-notifications, SMS messages and calls (if enabled) notify ReX user about all events.
The Ajax security system can be used for independent monitoring of the site and can be connected to the Central Monitoring Station of the security company.
- Logo with light indicator
- SmartBracket attachment panel (perforated section is necessary to trigger the tamper during an attempt to lift the fixed ReX from the surface)
- Power connector
- Tamper button
- Power button
Principle of operation
ReX expands the radio communication range of the security system allowing installation of Ajax devices at a greater distance away from the hub.
The communication range between ReX and the device is limited by the radio signal range of the device (indicated in the device specifications on the website and in the User Manual).
ReX receives Hub signals and transmits them to the devices connected to ReX, and transmits signals from the devices to the Hub. The Hub polls the extender every 12~300 seconds (by default: 36 seconds) while the alarms are communicated within 0.3 seconds.
|⚠️ ReX does not increase the number of devices connected to the hub!
The number of connected devices
|Hub + ReX
||Up to 99
|Hub Plus + ReX
||Up to 149
Connection of ReX to the hub
Prior to initiating the connection:
- Install the Ajax application onto your smartphone following the instructions of the hub Guide (Hub, Hub Plus).
- Create user account, add the hub to the application, and create at least one room.
- Open the Ajax application.
- Turn on the hub and check the Internet connection.
- Ensure that the hub is disarmed and is not updating by checking its status in the mobile application.
- Connect ReX to external power.
|⚠️ Only users with administrator rights can add a device to the hub.
Connecting ReX to the hub:
- Click Add Device in the Ajax application.
- Name the extender, scan or manually enter the QR-code (located on the lid and package), and select the room where the device is located.
- Click Add — the countdown begins.
- Turn on ReX by pressing the power button for 3 seconds — shortly after connecting to the hub the logo will change its color from red to white within 30 seconds after ReX is switched on.
In order for detection and interfacing to occur, ReX must be located within radio communication range of the hub (on the same guarded facility).
The request for connection to the Hub is transmitted for a short time at the time of switching on the device. If the connection to the hub fails, turn off the extender by pressing the power button for 3 seconds and retry the connection procedure after 5 seconds.
The extender connected to the hub will appear in the list of hub devices in the application. The updating of device statuses in the list depends on the polling time set in the Hub settings; the default value is 36 seconds.
Choosing devices for operation via ReX
In order to assign a device to the extender:
- Go to the ReX settings (Devices → ReX → Settings ⚙️).
- Press Pair with device.
- Choose the devices that should operate via the extender.
- Go back to the ReX settings menu.
Once the connection is established, the selected devices will be marked with the RE icon in the mobile application.
In order to assign a device to the hub:
- Go to the ReX settings (Devices → ReX → Settings).
- Press Pair with device.
- Uncheck the devices that need to be connected to the hub directly.
- Go back to the ReX settings menu.
Devices → ReX
||Signal strength between the hub and ReX
||Connection status between the hub and the extender
||The battery level of the extender (displayed in 1% increments)
||Tamper mode that reacts to an attempt to detach or violate the integrity of the extender body
||Availability of external power
||ReX firmware version
||Identifier of the device
Devices → ReX → ⚙️
||Device name, can be edited
||Selection of a virtual room that the device is assigned to
|Pair with device
||Assignment of devices for the extender
|Signal strength test
||Signal strength test between the extender and the hub
||Opening ReX User Manual
||Disconnecting the extender from the hub and deleting its settings
The ReX LED indicator may light red or white depending on the state of the device.
||State of logo with LED indicator
|Device is connected to the hub
||Constantly lights white
|Device lost connection with the hub
||Constantly lights red
|No external power
||Blinks every 30 seconds
|The functionality testing of the associated to ReX devices will be added to the next updates of Hub OS Malevich.
The Ajax security system allows conducting tests for checking the functionality of connected devices.
The tests do not start straight away but within a period of 36 seconds when using the standard settings. The test time start depends on the settings of the detector scanning period (the paragraph on “Jeweller” settings in Hub settings).
Selection of the installation site
The location of ReX determines its distance from the hub, the devices connected to the extender, and the presence of obstacles preventing the passage of the radio signal: walls, interfloor bridgings, and large objects located in the facility.
Check the signal strength at the installation site!
If the signal strength reaches just one bar on the indicator, the stable operation of the security system can not be guaranteed. Take whatever action is necessary to improve the quality of the signal! At the very least, move ReX or hub — relocation even by 20 cm can significantly improve the reception quality.
Before installing ReX, be sure to choose the best location that meets the requirements of this guide! It is desirable for the extender to be hidden from direct view.
During mounting and operating, follow the general electrical safety rules when using electrical appliances as well as the requirements of electrical safety laws and regulations.
- Fix the SmartBracket attachment panel with the bundled screws. If you choose to use other fasteners, make sure that they do not damage or deform the panel.
It is not recommended to use double-sided adhesive tape for installation. This can result in ReX falling that can lead to malfunctioning of the device.
- Slide ReX onto the attachment panel. After installation, check the tamper status in the Ajax application and then the panel tightness.
- In order to ensure higher reliability, fix ReX to the SmartBracket panel with the bundled screws.
You will receive a notification if an attempt to detach the extender from the surface or remove it from the attachment panel is detected.
It is strictly forbidden to disassemble the device connected to the power supply! Do not use the device with a damaged power cable.
Do not disassemble or modify ReX or its individual parts — this may interfere with the normal operation of the device or lead to its failure.
Don't place ReX:
- Outside the room (outdoors).
- Near metal objects and mirrors that cause attenuation or screening of radio signals.
- In places with high levels of radio interference.
- In rooms characterized by humidity and temperature levels beyond the permissible limits.
Maintenance of the device
Check the functionality of the Ajax security system regularly.
Clean the body from dust, cobwebs, and other contaminants as they emerge. Use soft dry napkin suitable for equipment maintenance.
Do not use substances that contain alcohol, acetone, gasoline or other active solvents to clean the extender.
|Maximum number of connected devices
||Hub 99, Hub Plus 149
||110~240 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz
||Li-Ion 2 A⋅h (up to 35 hours of autonomous operation)
||868.0~868.6 MHz or 868.7~869.2 MHz depending on the region of sale
|Maximum radio signal power
||Up to 25 mW
|Radio signal modulation
|Radio signal range
||Up to 1,800 m (any obstacles absence)
|Operating temperature range
||From -10°С to +40°С
||Up to 75%
||163 х 163 х 36 mm
- Power cable
- Installation kit
- Quick Start Guide
Warranty for the “AJAX SYSTEMS MANUFACTURING” LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY products is valid for 2 years after the purchase and does not apply to the pre-installed accumulator.
If the device does not work correctly, contact the support service first — technical issues can be resolved remotely in half of the cases!
Technical support: email@example.com