All Ajax fire detectors at the facility simultaneously turn on the built-in sirens if at least one of the detectors registers an alarm.
The sirens of the FireProtect 2 detectors are activated within 20 seconds after the alarm is detected. The sirens of FireProtect and FireProtect Plus are activated during the detector ping interval set in the Jeweller or Jeweller/Fibra settings (but no more than 60 seconds after).
According to European fire safety standards, in the event of an alarm, the sirens of all fire detectors in the system must be activated in less than a minute. At the same time, the volume of the notification should be at least 85 dB at a distance of three meters from the sound source. Such a siren can wake up a sleeping person when a fire occurs.
The FireProtect 2 detectors have different sound and LED indications of alarm types to make it easier for users to distinguish between them. In case of interconnected alarm, all FireProtect 2 detectors indicate exactly the alarm type detected by the initiating detector. Instead, FireProtect and FireProtect Plus detectors notify all types of alarms with the same sound.
How Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm works
- One of Ajax fire detectors registers an alarm at the object.
- The system activates the Delay of Interconnected Alarms if this feature is configured.
- When the delay time has elapsed, the built-in siren of the initiating detector starts an alarm. Users receive notifications if they are configured. The central monitoring station (CMS) of the security company receives an alarm notification.
- Ajax sirens installed at the object activate if this option is enabled in the settings of the initiating detector.
When the system has only FireProtect and FireProtect Plus, the system additionally starts an alarm confirmation timer. For this, the Ignore First Alarm option should be enabled in the hub settings. The security company’s CMS and users receive an alarm confirmation event. And the Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm is activated only in one of these cases:
- The Delay of Interconnected Alarms time has expired, and the initiating detector continues to register the alarm.
- During the Delay of Interconnected Alarms, the initiating detector registers a different type of alarm. For example, a temperature alarm is registered after smoke is detected.
- During the Delay of Interconnected Alarms, another detector in the system registered a fire.
How to set up Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm
- Open the Ajax app.
- Select the hub if you have several of them or if you are using the Ajax PRO app.
- Go to the Devices menu.
- Select the hub from the list of devices.
- Go to the hub settings by clicking on the icon .
- Go to Service.
- Go to the Fire Detectors Settings menu.
- Enable Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm.
- If necessary, configure the Delay of Interconnected Alarms option. It allows you to delay Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm propagation for a set time. The delay can be set from 0 to 5 minutes in 1-minute increments.
How to mute Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm
You can mute the alarm in several ways:
- In the Ajax apps.
- By pressing the Function button on Ajax keypad if the button is configured to mute Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm.
- By pressing the Button if the device is configured to mute Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm.
- By pressing the functional button on the detector that initiated the alarm.
The functional button of the FireProtect 2 detectors is mechanical. To mute Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm, press the central part of the detectors’ front panel with your hand or a suitable object. For example, use a mop handle.
- By eliminating the cause of the fire alarm. In this case, the alarm will be muted automatically.
You can mute Interconnected Fire Detectors Alarm for 10 minutes. But it can be activated again during the muted period if:
- The initiating detector registers a different type of alarm (e.g., a temperature alarm).
- Another fire detector at the object registers the alarm.