SpaceControl is a miniature fob controlling the security system at a distance up to 1300 meters absent any obstacles. It allows to set the Ajax security system in the intrusion detection or partial intrusion detection mode, remove it from the intrusion detection mode, as well as switch on an alarm.
As it is the two-way communication, you will know whether the system has received the SpaceControl command.
Operating as part of the Ajax security system, the fob is connected to the Hub via the protected Jeweller protocol. In addition, the fob can be used to control any third party security central unit through the uartBridge or ocBridge Plus integration module.
The fob is set up through the iOS and Android-based mobile application for smartphones or web application
The Ajax system is self-sustaining, but the user can connect it to the monitoring station of a security company.
- System arming button
- System disarming button
- Night mode button
- Panic button (activates the alarm)
- Light indicators
- The hole for attaching the fob
At the moment, the feature of modification of commands (and deactivation) of the fob buttons when using with the Ajax Hub is not available.
Using the Fob
Maximum connection distance between the fob and the hub - 1,300 meters. This distance is reduced by walls, inserted floors and any objects hindering the signal transmission.
SpaceControl operates only with one security system (Ajaх or third-party system via the integration module). If you connect the fob to a new security system, it will cease to interact with the previous system. However, the fob will not be automatically deleted from the list of devices of the Hub.
The fob can:
- Arm the system - press the button (O) once
- Arm the system in a night mode - press the button (c) once
- Disarm the system - press the button (C) once
- Switch on an alarm - press the button (i) once
To disconnect the actuated security system (siren), press the button for removing from the intrusion detection mode (C) on the fob
|Two LEDs next to the button light up once
||The command transmitted by the button has been received by the Hub/integration module
|Two LEDs next to the button blink 4 times
||The command transmitted by the button has not been received by the Hub/integration module (addressing device is out of operation or the fob is beyond the radio communication zone)
|4 LEDs blink 6 times
||The fob is not registered with any security system
|After the display of the main indication, the central LED lights up once and smoothly goes down
|| The fob battery should be changed
Connecting the Fob to the Ajax Security System
Connection to Hub
Before starting connection:
- Following the Hub instruction recommendations, install the Ajax application on your smartphone. Create an account, add the Hub to the application, and create at least one room.
- Go to the Ajax application.
- Switch on the Hub and check the internet connection (via Ethernet cable and/or GSM network).
- Ensure that the Hub is in disarmed mode and does not start updates by checking its status in the mobile application.
⚠️ Only users with administrative privileges can add the device to the hub.
For the SpaceControl fob to start working within the Ajax security system, it needs to be connected to the Ajax Hub. This will require an Ajax account, a device with Internet access and the Ajax Security System application, as well as a room for placing the fob, created within the application.
The device may be only added if the Ajax security system is disarmed!
- Open a room in the mobile application or web application and select the option "Add Device".
- Give an arbitrary name to the detector, read out the QR code (or insert the ID manually), select a location room and go to the next step.
QR-code on the fob is located inside the body, on the battery fixture.
- When the hub starts device search and the application launches countdown, simultaneously press the button for armed mode (o) and the panic button (i) - the fob will blink with the central LED. For the detection and interfacing to occur, the fob should be located within the coverage area of the wireless network of the hub (at a single protected object).
- The fob connected to the Hub will appear in the list of devices of the hub in the application.
Connecting the Fob to Third Party Security Systems
To connect the fob to a third party security central unit using the Ajax uartBridge or Ajax ocBridge Plus integration module, follow the recommendations in the manual of the respective device.
||Battery level of the keyfob
||Panic button status
||Firmware version of the keyfob
Setting Up the Fob
||Device name, can be edited
||Selecting the virtual room to which the device is assigned
||Turning on/off the panic button
|Alert with a siren if panic button is pressed
||When turned on, HomeSiren and StreetSiren are activated after panic buttoon pressing
||Opens the device User Guide
||Disconnects the device from the Hub and deletes its settings
You may rename the fob, change the location room, as well as delete it from the list of devices of the hub.
Fob Maintenance and Battery Replacement
When cleaning the fob bode, use any means suitable for equipment maintenance.
Do not use for cleaning SpaceControl any substances containing alcohol, acetone, gasoline and other active solvents.
The factory-assembled battery supports no less than 45000 button downs. You may check the battery charge level in the Ajax Security system application:
The battery of this type is sensitive to low temperatures and in case of considerable cooling of the fob, the battery charge indicator in the application may display incorrect values.
If the battery is discharged, the user will receive a notice, and the LED of the fob will smoothly light up and go down at each button down.
Complete Set of the Fob
- Battery CR2032 (factory-set)
- Quick Start Guide
|Number of buttons
||868.0 – 868.6 MHz or 868.7 – 869.2 MHz depending on the region of sale
|Effective radiated power
||6.01 dBm / 3.99 mW (limit 25 mW)
|Modulation of the radiosignal
|Radio signal range
||Up to 1,300 m(any obstacles absent)
||1 battery CR2032A, 3 V
|Service life from the battery
||Up to 5 years (dependingon the usage frequency)
|Operating temperature range
||From -25°С to +50°С
||Up to 90%
||65 х 37 х 10 mm
Warranty for the Ajax Systems Inc. devices is valid for 2 years after the purchase and does not apply to the supplied battery.
If the device does not work correctly, you should first contact the support service—in half of the cases, technical issues can be solved remotely!
Technical support: email@example.com