Delay When Entering (delay in raising the alarm) is the time you have to disarm the security system after entering the premises.
How it works:
- You enter the secured premises.
- The detector registers an alert and initiates a countdown — you have to disarm the security system until the relevant time period runs out.
- If the system is not disarmed by the end of the countdown, an alarm is triggered.
Delay When Leaving (delay in raising the alarm) is the time you have to leave the premises after arming the security system.
How it works:
- You arm the security system.
- The detector initiates a countdown ignoring all current alerts.
- If the detector is activated after the end of the countdown, an alarm is triggered.
When you should use Delay When Entering/Leaving
Delays are convenient if you prefer to control the security system using your KeyPad installed inside the premises.
⚠️ A delay represents a potential vulnerability as it gives intruders extra time to break into the secured premises. If you want to receive alarms instantaneously, do not use entry delay (Delay When Entering).
How to set up delays in the Ajax security system
In the app:
- Go to Devices and select the required detector.
- Go to Settings (⚙️).
- Specify the time delay for entry and/or leaving.
- Activate Delays in Night Mode if you wish to activate delays for Night Mode as well.
Click Back to apply the settings.