In October 2017, we added a feature enabling the connection of any IP camera supporting the RTSP protocol to Ajax. The connection procedure required obtaining of the RTSP stream link, which proved to be a challenging task for the users who had no experience in connecting video surveillance cameras. Therefore, we decided to simplify this procedure to resemble the connection of Ajax devices.
The video signal is transmitted as follows:
- The stream from a video recorder (DVR) or a camera is sent to the Dahua cloud.
- Using the manufacturer's SDK, we transmit the video stream from the cloud directly to the Ajax applications.
You can connect any Dahua video recorder or IP camera to the Ajax security system. In total, up to 10 video surveillance devices (video recorders or cameras) can be connected to the Hub, and 50 devices — to the Hub Plus.
Before connecting Dahua video recorders/cameras to Ajax
Connect and configure the Dahua video surveillance system following the recommendations of the manufacturer of the video surveillance system.
How to connect a video recorder / camera to the hub
If your video surveillance system uses a video recorder, you can use two methods to connect a video stream to the Ajax applications:
- Connection of Dahua video recorder. All streams of DVR cameras will be available in the application — you cannot hide individual streams; you can switch between the DVR channels in the application.
- Connection of cameras separately. In this case, you determine yourself, which streams of DVR cameras are available to the hub users. Each camera is displayed as a separate device and occupies a slot within the hub limit (10 cameras for the Hub and 50 cameras for the Hub Plus).
In order to connect a video recorder / camera in the Ajax application:
- Go to the Devices tab.
- If you use iPhone: select the Add device → Add camera option.
If you use Android: click Add camera.
- Select the Dahua option.
- Camera name.
- QR code of the camera (scan it or enter the serial number manually).
- User name and password of the camera or video recorder assigned during the device setup.
- Click Add.
In order to view the video stream, open the camera in the Ajax application.
If you change the smartphone orientation, the stream will occupy the entire screen. In addition, you can put the video on hold and take a screenshot.
Access to the cameras is provided to the users of the security system in the hub settings:
Devices→ Hub → Settings (⚙️) → Users → Selected user settings (⚙️)