The Hub and the Hub Plus communicate events to the Central Monitoring Station (CMS) using the Contact ID protocol.
The data is transferred in two stages:
- From the Hub to the Ajax Translator software installed on the security company's computer — in digital format protected from interception and fraud.
- From the Ajax Translator to the CMS — in the SurGard shell of the Contact ID protocol.
Channels for transfer of events from the Hub to the Translator
Hubs can send events to the Translator via several communication channels:
- Via the Ajax Cloud server.
- Using both communication channels while the server will serve as a backup channel.
- Directly to the CMS — bypassing the server.